Vision and Mission
'Together in Christ'
Our School Mission
At St Francis' Catholic Primary School we seek to create a unique and enabling environment whereby children and staff are encouraged to journey beyond their expectations 'Together in Christ' – academically, socially and spiritually – within a culture based upon Gospel Values.
We will bring our vision to life by:
- Supporting the spiritual and faith journey of each person, which reflects the values and teachings of the Church in the light of the Gospel;
- Recognising and celebrating the unique and God given gifts and talents of all members of our school family;
- Providing a motivating, challenging and meaningful learning experience, relevant to each individual that encourages exploration and reflection which develops life long learning.
- Inspiring our children and staff to excellence in all our God given talents.
- Nurturing a strong learning partnership between home, school, parish and our wider communities.
Our School Values
The ethos of our school is built on a foundation of Christian core values which are addressed directly through the teaching of The Gospels, Liturgical Prayer, RE lessons and across the whole curriculum.
Here at St Francis' we aim to not only teach every single child about the meaning of each of our school values as set out in the signpost, but also to provide opportunities for children to demonstrate that value in the way they behave because values only exist in their performance. Values make a person both who and how they are. Through understanding and living out the values, children will have the opportunity to ‘live life to the full’ (John 10).