At St. Francis' we believe we are stewards of God's creation and all called to be disciples.
Each member of the chaplaincy team recognises the important role they hold and that they are representing Bishop Declan.The main roles of the Chaplaincy team are:
- To help the school to be a community of faith
- To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living
- To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school
- To involve pupils in fundraising for charities
- To continue to develop strong links with the Parish
- To support the school in its Mission Statement
Our Chaplaincy team is made up of children from each year group and is split into 3 groups: The school council provides a meaningful way in which pupils can voice their opinions and have their views taken into account with decisions that have an impact upon them; The Eco team encourages and organises projects that protect the environment such as recycling; The prayer team help to develop the prayer life in the school by supporting and leading class and whole school Masses, assemblies and liturgies.
2022/2023 Chaplaincy Action Plan